Fort Call (1)
Fort Call (1) (1867-1867) - A U.S. Army post established in 1867 by troops from Camp El Dorado. Abandoned in 1867, the site is now under Lake Mead in Clark County, Nevada. Also known as Fort Callville and Detachment at Callville.
This was a temporary post established in the Mormon town of Callville. Callville was a Mormon port town on the Colorado River now submerged under Lake Mead. The post was infrequently garrisoned by U.S. troops from Camp El Dorado who originally came from Fort Mojave.
The site is now under Lake Mead in Clark County, Nevada.