Fort Dubois (1)
Fort Dubois (1) (1779-1779) - A Patriot Revolutionary War Fort established in 1779 near Cobleskill, Schoharie County, New York. Named Fort Du Bois after Colonel Louis Du Bois who oversaw the construction. Destroyed and abandoned in 1779.
History of Fort Du Bois (1)
Established in April 1779 as a large three acre palisaded defense about a mile east of the center of present day Cobleskill, New York. Burned down by hostile Onondaga Indians in May 1779 along with the town of Cobleskill.