Fort Hoyle (1922-1940) - A U.S. Army fort first established in 1922 on Gunpowder Neck, Harford County, Maryland. Named Fort Hoyle after Brigadier General Eli D. Hoyle (Cullum 2567). Became a part of Edgewood Arsenal in 1940.
History of Fort Hoyle
Established 7 Oct 1922 as an artillery range near Edgewood, Maryland. Located on the middle and tip of Gunpowder Neck.
Became a part of Edgewood Arsenal on 10 Sep 1940.
Part of Aberdeen Proving Ground Harford County, Maryland.