Fort Tenoxtitlan (1830-1832) - A Mexican Army fort established in 1830 on the east bank of the Brazos River near present day Caldwell, Burleson County, Texas. Named Fort Tenoxtitlan after the Aztec capital, now Mexico City. Abandoned in 1832.
History of Fort Tenoxtitlan
Established in July 1830 by order of Mexican General Manuel de Mier y Teran to suppress illegal American immigration into Mexico. Built by Lieutenant Colonel Jose Francisco Ruiz and garrisoned by 100 cavalrymen.
Abandoned soon after the Battle of Nacogdoches which took place on 2 Aug 1832.