Fort Warren (3)
Fort Warren (3) (1777-1779) - A Revolutionary War militia fort established in 1777 in Rutland County, Vermont. Named for Colonel Guideon Warren of Tinmouth, Colonel in the 5th Regiment of Vermont Militia. Abandoned sometime in 1779.
Built between 2 Apr 1779 and 14 May 1779 at Castleton as a new fort expanding the western flank of the defended frontier.
Markers only, the actual site on private property in Rutland County, Vermont.
Visited: 13 Jul 2012