Fort Webb (2)
Fort Webb (2) (1861-1865) - Built in 1861 as a Confederate U.S. Civil War fort protecting Bowling Green, located at the head of the Barren and Green rivers and with two railroads passing through.
Confederate forces took control of Bowling Green in 1861, fortifying several hills in the area to protect the riverways and railroads in the area, including this Lunette. After the fall of Fort Heiman and Fort Henry Confederate forces abandoned the area in February of 1862. Federal forces moved into the city, completing the defences begun by the Confederates.
Fort Webb Park in Bowling Green, Warren County, Kentucky.
Visited: 20 May 2015
Fort Webb (2) Picture Gallery