Huntsville Arsenal was established in 1941 to create a second chemical weapons plant in addition to the Edgewood Arsenal in Maryland. The arsenal produced and stockpiled banned chemical weapons such as phosgene, Lewisite, and mustard gas at the beginning of World War II. The rational for producing the banned chemical weapons was that they would be use only to retaliate against anyone who used them first. The arsenal also produced and stored tear gas and made incendiary bombs.
Active military installation, Hunstville, Madison County, Alabama