Mary Hill Battery
Mary Hill Battery (1939-1956) - Mary Hill Battery was a Canadian reinforced concrete 6 inch coastal gun battery that was a part of present day CFB Esquimalt, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Deactivated in 1956.
World War II (1939-1945)
The Mary Hill Battery was initially armed with two 6" MK7 breechloading (BL) guns on MK5 (15 degree) mounts in 1939. An additional MK7 gun was added in 1941. The battery was built to replaced the three obsolete 6‑inch disappearing guns at the Fort Rodd Hill Upper Battery and Lower Battery.
Replaced in 1943 by three 6" Mk24 guns on MK6 mounts (45 degree). A searchlight located on William Head was part of the defense.
Decommissioned in 1956.
The site still exists on Mary's Hill training area as a part of CFB Esquimalt. No period guns or mounts in place.
Mary Hill Battery Picture Gallery