Signal Hill Battery
Signal Hill Battery (1899-1938) - Signal Hill Battery was a Canadian reinforced concrete 9.2 inch coastal gun battery on present day CFB Esquimalt, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. Deactivated in 1938.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Victoria and Esquimalt Harbors.
This battery was completed in 1899 for two 9.2" MK10 breechloading guns on MK5 mounts (15 degree). The guns were not mounted until 1912. In 1938 the guns and mounts were removed from the Signal Hill Battery to the Albert Head Battery to improve their counter-bombardment role.
During World War II the magazines were used as the headquarters of the 5th (BC) Coast Brigade, RCA.
On CFB Esquimalt property with no public access, no period guns or mounts in place.