Battery Walker
Battery Walker (1897-1920) - Battery Walker was built at Fort Stevens between Sep 1896 and Apr 1898 and was transferred for service 3 Apr 1898. Originally one of three sets of emplacements called West Battery. Battery Walker was named in 1905 for Col. Leverett H. Walker who died 29 Oct 1907.
Battery Walker History
A concrete Endicott Period battery facing the mouth of the Columbia River with 2, 10" rifles on disappearing carriages.
Current Status
Fair condition and open to the public.
{"selectable":false,"width":"500"} |
Location: On Fort Stevens, Oregon Maps & Images Lat: 46.207116 Long: -123.969217 |
Sources:
Links:
Visited: No
Battery Walker Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better! |