Chambers Blockhouse (1855-1855) - A settler blockhouse/fort first established during the Washington Indian Wars in 1855 in present day Lacey, Thurston County, Washington. Named after Andrew Chambers owner of the land claim. Abandoned in 1855. Also known as Andrew Chambers Blockhouse and Fort Chambers.
History of Fort Chambers Blockhouse
Established in 1855 as a settler blockhouse/fort during the Washington Indian Wars to shelter some fourteen people who moved in when the blockhouse was complete.
Abandoned later in 1855 when no attacks occurred.
Marker only at NW Corner of Rainier Rd SE and Prestwick Ln SE, Lacey, Thurston County, Washington. At the entrance to the Indian Summer Golf and Country Club Residential Community.
Visited: 22 Sep 2015