Chambers Blockhouse

From FortWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Chambers Blockhouse (1855-1855) - A settler blockhouse/fort first established during the Washington Indian Wars in 1855 in present day Lacey, Thurston County, Washington. Named after Andrew Chambers owner of the land claim. Abandoned in 1855. Also known as Andrew Chambers Blockhouse and Fort Chambers.

Chambers Blockhouse Marker Locale

History of Fort Chambers Blockhouse

Established in 1855 as a settler blockhouse/fort during the Washington Indian Wars to shelter some fourteen people who moved in when the blockhouse was complete.

Abandoned later in 1855 when no attacks occurred.

Current Status

Chambers Blockhouse Marker Text

Marker only at NW Corner of Rainier Rd SE and Prestwick Ln SE, Lacey, Thurston County, Washington. At the entrance to the Indian Summer Golf and Country Club Residential Community.



Location: NW Corner of Rainier Rd SE and Prestwick Ln SE, Lacey, Thurston County, Washington. Map point is the marker location.

Maps & Images

Lat: 46.984947 Long: -122.821022

See Also:

Sources:

Links:

Visited: 22 Sep 2015

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
content
Share
Google AdSense
Toolbox