Fort Worden 2009 from the Artillery Hill Viewpoint
The CDSG 2010 Conference covering the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, Washington will be based at the Port Townsend Inn. Call the hotel directly at (800) 216-4985 and mention the Coast Defense Study Group. The Inn has a total of 58 rooms and includes an indoor pool and breakfast, 24 rooms were set aside for the CDSG Conference members. Room rates depend on how early you book.
Fort Worden Housing
- Full Registration Fee per person: $195.00USD.
- Registrations received after March 15, 2010, subject to a late fee: $45.00USD.
- Guest Fee for Saturday Banquet received prior to Mar. 15th, per person: $40.00USD.
- Guest Fee for Saturday Banquet received after Mar. 15th, per person: $45.00USD.
Please make checks payable to: Alfred Chiswell
Mail checks to:
Alfred Chiswell (CDSG Conference)
c/o Coast Artillery Museum Ft Worden
200 Battery Way, Bldg 201
Port Townsend, WA 98368 USA
For Conference related questions, contact Alfred Chiswell at AGChiswell[at]aol.com or Steven Kobylk sjkobylk[at]aol.com
CDSG Conference 13-17 Apr 2010 (a/o 02/09/2010)
||Activities & Visits
||3-7pm Check-in at the Fort Worden Chapel|
6:30pm Welcome & Next Day Briefing
Hospitality Room opens at 4'ish
||6:15am - Ferry to Fort Casey (1), Fort Ebey, Fort Whitman|
4:30 or 6:00pm Return Ferry Departures from Fort Casey (Keystone Ferry)
7:30pm Next Day Briefing
||8:30am - Fort Worden and environs|
Suggested Leadership Meeting
7:00pm Next Day Briefing
||8:30am - Camp Hayden and environs|
7:00pm Next Day Briefing
8:30pm Hospitality Room closes
||8:30am - Fort Flagler and environs|
7:00pm Annual Banquet
8:00pm CDSG Annual Business Mtg.
Conference officially ends
||Post conference tour to Victoria BC, Canada (Passports Required)|
More info to come on the schedule and lodging
||Post conference tour to Victoria BC, Canada
||Post conference tour to Victoria BC, Canada ends about 5:30pm
- Presentations scheduled Tuesday thru Friday evenings
- Sack lunches provided daily
- If a visit to Fort Ward is in order, suggest both sites be visited on the way to the conference
- Keystone to Port Townsend ferry is very small, fills up rapidly and at times just doesn't run. Reservations recommended 30 days in advance.
- All attendees will receive 2 walk-on tickets for the Keystone to Port Townsend ferry for a round trip ride to Fort Casey (1) on the 14th. Not recommended to take private vehicles on this trip as you could get stranded on Whidbey Island and it is a very long drive by land.
- Transportation to Whidbey Island Coast Defense sites and Fort Whitman (Goat Island) will be provided.
Map of Visit Sites