CDSG Conference 13-17 Apr 2010
|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
The CDSG 2010 Conference covering the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, Washington, will be based at the Port Townsend Inn. Call the hotel directly at (800) 216-4985 and mention Coast Defense Study Group. The Inn has a total of 58 rooms and includes an indoor pool and breakfast, 24 rooms were set aside for the CDSG Conference members. Room rates depend on how early you book.
Fort Worden Housing
- On Post Housing - If you wish to stay on Fort Worden act quickly because the rooms fill up fast. Fort Worden Accommodations
- RV Camping - Fort Worden has about 80 RV/Camping sites, 50 with full hookups, 30 with AC, Water and a dump site. I stayed at the lower campground earlier this year and it was great, not often you get to camp next to batteries like Battery Kinzie and Battery Vicars, see Fort Worden Camping. Book early.
- Full Registration Fee per person: $195.00USD.
- Registrations received after March 15, 2010 subject to late fee: $45.00USD.
- Guest Fee for Saturday Banquet received prior to Mar. 15th, per person: $40.00USD.
- Guest Fee for Saturday Banquet received after Mar. 15th, per person: $45.00USD.
Please make checks payable to: Alfred Chiswell Mail checks to:
Alfred Chiswell (CDSG Conference)
c/o Coast Artillery Museum Ft Worden
200 Battery Way, Bldg 201
Port Townsend, WA 98368 USA
For Conference related questions, contact Alfred Chiswell at AGChiswell[at]aol.com or Steven Kobylk sjkobylk[at]aol.com
2010 Meeting Blog Posts:
2009 Meeting Blog Posts:
- Coast Defense Study Group (CDSG) 2009 Conference WrapUp
- Coast Defense Study Group (CDSG) 2009 Conference
|Date||Day||Activities & Visits|
|Apr 13||Tue||3-7pm Check-in at the Fort Worden Chapel|
6:30pm Welcome & Next Day Briefing
Hospitality Room opens at 4'ish
|Apr 14||Wed||6:15am - Ferry to Fort Casey, Fort Ebey, Fort Whitman|
4:30 or 6:00pm Return Ferry Departures from Fort Casey (Keystone Ferry)
7:30pm Next Day Briefing
|Apr 15||Thu||8:30am - Fort Worden and environs|
Suggested Leadership Meeting
7:00pm Next Day Briefing
|Apr 16||Fri||8:30am - Camp Hayden and environs|
7:00pm Next Day Briefing
8:30pm Hospitality Room closes
|Apr 17||Sat||8:30am - Fort Flagler and environs|
7:00pm Annual Banquet
8:00pm CDSG Annual Business Mtg.
Conference officially ends
|Apr 18||Sun||Post conference tour to Victoria BC, Canada (Passports Required)|
More info to come on the schedule and lodging
|Apr 19||Mon||Post conference tour to Victoria BC, Canada|
|Apr 20||Tue||Post conference tour to Victoria BC, Canada ends about 5:30pm|
- Presentations scheduled Tuesday thru Friday evenings
- Sack lunches provided daily
- If a visit to Fort Ward is in order, suggest both sites be visited on the way to the conference
- Keystone to Port Townsend ferry is very small, fills up rapidly and at times just doesn't run. Reservations recommended 30 days in advance.
- All attendees will receive 2 walk-on tickets for the Keystone to Port Townsend ferry for a round trip ride to Fort Casey on the 14th. Not recommended to take private vehicles on this trip as you could get stranded on Whidbey Island and it is a very long drive by land.
- Transportation to Whidbey Island Coast Defense sites and Fort Whitman (Goat Island) will be provided.