|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
Fort Hase (1918-1949) - A World War II Coastal Fort first established as Kuwaahoe Military Reservation in 1918, and then as Camp Ulupauin in 1940 and finally Fort Hase in 1942. Located on the eastern portion of the Mokapu Peninsula in Honolulu County, Ohau Island, Hawaii. Named Fort Hase in 1942, after Major General William F. Hase, a Chief of Coast Artillery (1934-1935). Abandoned in 1949.
World War II (1941-1945)
Part of the Harbor Defense of Kaneohe Bay.
President Woodrow Wilson originally designated 322 acres of Mokapu Peninsula on Ohau Island as Kuwaahoe Military Reservation in 1918. The Navy established a small seaplane base there as Naval Air Station Kaneohe Bay in 1939. The coast artillery moved onto the reservation in 1941 and the portion of the reservation occupied by the Coast Artillery became Fort Hase in 1942.
Click on Battery links below
|No.||Caliber||Type Mount||Service Years||Battery Cost||Notes|
|Battery Pennsylvania||3||14"||Navy Turret||1945-1948||$ ?||Ulupau Head|
|Battery 405||2||8"||Barbette LR Navy||1944-1948||$ ?||Puu Papaa|
|Battery Sylvester||4||8"||Railway||1942-1948||$ ?|
|Battery 301||2||6"||Shielded Barbette||1944-194?||$ ?||Pyramid Rock|
|Battery AMTB - Fort Hase||2||90mm||Fixed||1943-1946||$ ?||Pyramid Rock|
|Battery 155 - Pyramid Rock||4||155mm||Panama Mount||194?-194?||$ ?||Pyramid Rock|
|Battery 155 - East Beach||4||155mm||Panama Mount||194?-194?||$ ?||East Beach|
|Battery 155 - North Beach||4||155mm||Panama Mount||194?-194?||$ ?||North Beach|
Part of Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay, Honolulu County, Hawaii.
Location: Marine Corps Air Station Kaneohe Bay, Mokapu Peninsula, Honolulu County, Hawaii.
Maps & Images
Lat: 21.445833 Long: -157.769722
Fort Hase Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!