Fort House (1750s-1783) - A French & Indian War Fort established in 1750s near present day St. Johnsville, Montgomery County, New York. Named Fort House after the builder Christian House (Haus). Abandoned as a fortification in 1783 at the end of the Revolutionary War. Also known as Fort Klock (2) and perhaps Fort Hill (6).
History of Fort House
Improved and used during the Revolutionary War. Abandoned as a fortification in 1783 at the end of the War.
This fortified house house has been placed by some historians on the east side of St. Johnsville and by others on the west side of St. Johnsville. The west side location seems to be the most logical one and is used below but it is only approximate.