Windsor Blockhouse (1633-unknown) - A blockhouse and trading post established in 1633 by the Plymouth Pilgrims in present day Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut. Also known as Plymouth Trading House and Matianuck Fort.
Established in 1633 as a blockhouse and trading post by William Holmes in present day Windsor to counter the Dutch Fort Good Hope at Hartford. During the Pequot War the town was fortified with a palisades enclosing the dwellings.
In 1834 a small pox epidemic ravaged the Indians that lived around the trading post. In spite of the war and the epidemic the trading post and community prospered.
The site is reported to be located at the Town Green on Palisado Avenue in Windsor, Connecticut.